NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS GIVEAWAY (DEFINED BELOW). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
This Quidax Housemates Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by Quidax Technologies Limited and its affiliates (“Sponsor” or “Quidax”).
The Giveaway is open only to Nigerian citizens who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of entry and who have a Quidax account. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Sponsor, or their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, advertising, promotion, and public relations agencies (collectively, the “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible. For the purposes of the Giveaway, family members are defined as spouse, partner, mother, father, legal guardian, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren (including “step” as they may apply).
3. Giveaway Period:
The “Giveaway Period” begins at 6 PM Nigerian Time on August 25th 2020 and ends at 7 PM Nigerian Time on 3rd September 2020. Quidax however reserves the right to stop the campaign at any date before the end of the Giveaway Period Prize Winners will be selected every day during the Giveaway Period.
4. How to Enter:
To participate and enter this Giveaway, you will need an Instagram or Twitter account (either a “Social Media Account”) and a Quidax account created after 23rd August 2020.
If you don’t already have an Instagram account, visit www.Instagram.com to create one; creating an Instagram account is free. By submitting your information and creating an Instagram account, you will be required to agree to the Instagram terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to Instagram’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create an Instagram account.
If you don’t already have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com to create one; creating a Twitter account is free. By submitting your information and creating a Twitter account, you will be required to agree to the Twitter terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to Twitter’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Twitter account.
If you don’t already have a Quidax Account, visit www.quidax.com or visit your App Store and download the Quidax App. It is free to download the Quidax App and otherwise create a Quidax account. By submitting your information and creating a Quidax account, you will be required to agree to the Quidax terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to the Quidax terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Quidax Account. You must also complete BVN verification before you are eligible to participate.
To enter the Giveaway, eligible individuals (“Entrants”) must follow the official Quidax account in any of Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (whichever platform you want to enter through) and make a post about the Giveaway on your preferred social media platform tagging the official Quidax page and adding the #QuidaxHousemates #DropYourQuidax hashtag in your post/tweet.
NOTE ABOUT INSTAGRAM:
Giveaway Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram service that may interfere with the Giveaway (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Twitter, Facebook or Instagram for the Giveaway as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Giveaway. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to set his/her Social Media Account as applicable, to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check such account for any Sponsor direct messages.
5. Winners Selection: Prize Winners will be chosen at random. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. However, you can only win once during the duration of this giveaway.
6. Winner Notification:
The Prize winners
The prize winners will get an email from Quidax that 10,000 Naira has been credited to their Quidax account.
The Quidax usernames of the winners will be posted on the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook pages of Quidax or its affiliates pages. Quidax has the right to remove any reward given to anyone without notifying the person.
If any Winner Notification or other Giveaway communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable, if a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), if a Winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the applicable Prize, or if the potential Winner fails to respond to a Winner Notification and/or to sign and return the Affidavit (if required) within the time periods set forth herein, the prize will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) based on the original method of winner selection in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may only look to five (5) alternate winners for the applicable Prize, at which point the applicable Prize may be deemed unclaimed and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to such Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential Winner. If legitimately claimed in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be awarded. To claim a Prize, a Winner must follow the directions in his or her Winner Notification.
Each winner will win 10,000 Naira and the money will be credited directly to their Quidax Naira wallet. The Quidax usernames of the winners will be posted on the Twitter, Instagram or Facebook pages of Quidax or its affiliates pages. Quidax has the right to remove any reward given to anyone without notifying the person.
All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost or stolen Prize or any Prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the Prize Winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If the Prize Winner does not accept or use the entire Prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that Prize or portion of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the Prize Winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No transfers or prize substitutions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim or use a Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming, seeking to claim, or using a Prize.
7. Licenses and Approvals: Entrants may not submit an Entry on behalf of someone else. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant meets all eligibility criteria for participation in the Giveaway. In addition, by submitting an Entry in this Giveaway, Entrant grants the Giveaway Entities an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to publish, post, display, copy, distribute, transmit, edit, use alone, together or with other works, and otherwise exploit the Entry, Entrants name, voice, persona, likeness, image, prize information, any quotes attributable to Entrant, biographical data and any other indicia of persona in any manner whatsoever throughout the world, including on the Internet, and at any time or times, in connection with the Giveaway, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter discovered, without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law, and Entrant releases all Releases from any and all liability related thereto. ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF ENTRANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, ENTRANTS IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ENTRANTS NAME, MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BEING PLACED ON A WINNERS’ LIST.
8. Limitation of Liability:
The Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible or liable for any of the following: (a) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, or illegible Entries, e-mail, mail, Giveaway-related correspondence or postage-due mail or any technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the mailing or transmission of notification or correspondence, the processing of Entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Giveaway related materials; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention; (d) human error; (e) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; (f) viruses or mechanical malfunctions; (g) errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Giveaway related advertisements or other materials; or (h) lost or unavailable network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of filtering or insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account. Sponsor is not responsible, and may disqualify Entrant, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or if it is changed without Entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Giveaway, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Giveaway.
AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS GIVEAWAY, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, TWITTER, FACEBOOK,, INSTAGRAM AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS AND ADVERTISING, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY GIVEAWAY OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE. FURTHER, THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
9. Additional Disclaimers:
Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or Prize Winner or any person claiming through such entrant or Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Giveaway activities or the Releasees’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war, fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
10. Disputes and Governing Law:
By Participating In The Giveaway, Each Entrant Agrees That To The Extent Permitted By Applicable Law: (1) Any And All Disputes, Claims And Causes Of Action That Cannot Be Resolved Between Entrant And Any Releasee Arising Out Of Or Connected With The Giveaway, Or Any Prize Awarded, Will Be Resolved Individually, Without Resort To Any Form Of Class Action; (2) Any And All Claims, Judgments And Awards Will Be Limited To Actual Third-party, Out-of-pocket Costs Incurred, (If Any), Not To Exceed Ten Thousand Naira, But In No Event Will Attorneys’ Fees Be Awarded Or Recoverable; (3) Under No Circumstances Will Any Entrant Be Permitted To Obtain Any Award For, And Entrant Hereby Knowingly And Expressly Waives All Rights To Seek, Punitive, Incidental, Consequential Or Special Damages, Lost Profits And/Or Any Other Damages, Other Than Actual Out-of-pocket Expenses Not To Exceed Ten Thousand (10,000) Naira, And/Or Any Rights To Have Damages Multiplied Or Otherwise Increased; And (4) Entrant’s Remedies Are Limited To A Claim For Money Damages (If Any) And Entrant Irrevocably Waives Any Right To Seek Injunctive Or Equitable Relief.
Any dispute arising under or related hereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of Nigeria.
11. General Rules: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online Entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious Entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void Entries of any Entrants who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Giveaway. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that Entrant is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Giveaway and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an Entry, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the Social Media Account as applicable, of record for the account submitting an Entry during the Giveaway Period, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the Entry may be disqualified and any potential Prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry and individual(s) may be deemed ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any damage made to the Website, the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram service will be the responsibility of the registered account holder of the e-mail address for the Social Media Account, as applicable, submitted at the time of entry.
CAUTION: Any Attempt To Damage Any Online Service Or Web Site Or Undermine The Legitimate Operations Of The Giveaway Violates Criminal And Civil Laws. If Such An Attempt Is Made, Sponsor May Seek Damages To The Fullest Extent Permitted By Law And May Disqualify Any Participant Making Such Attempt.
12. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, business envelope to Quidax, ATTN: Official Rules (or “Winner’s List”) No 1, Adedeji Adekola Street, Off Freedom Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. Rules requests must be received no later than one month after the end of the Giveaway Period and the winner’s list request must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Giveaway Period.