About the Bitcoin is 12 competition
It’s been 12 years since the Bitcoin whitepaper went live and has since caused a wave.
We are doing a little something to celebrate Bitcoin at 12, you can read all about it here. But here’s a taste of the goodies.
Predict and Win
Tell us what you think the price of Bitcoin will be on 31st December 2020 to stand a chance to;
- Be one of 12 people to win 12,000 Naira every day for 5 days
- You could also win 300,000 Naira if on the 31st of December your prediction is correct.
This competition runs between 3rd to 7th November 2020 and your prediction should be in Naira.
10k Bitcoin Challenge
You can sign up on Quidax and buy 10,000 Naira or more in Bitcoin to stand a chance to win 50,000 Naira every day from 3rd to 11th of November.
Only people that signed up on Quidax after 31st October 2020 can win this one.
BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Quidax Bitcoin is 12 competition (“Competition”) is sponsored by Quidax Technologies Limited and its affiliates (“Sponsor” or “Quidax”).
The Competition is open to both Nigerian citizens and non-Nigerians who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of entry and who have a Quidax account. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Sponsor, or their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, advertising, promotion, and public relations agencies (collectively, the “Competition Entities”) are not eligible. For the purposes of the Competition, family members are defined as spouse, partner, mother, father, legal guardian, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren (including “step” as they may apply).
3. Competition Period:
The Predict and Win competition runs between 12am (GMT+1) 3rd November, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm (GMT+1) on 7th November, 2020
While the 10k Bitcoin Challenge runs between 12am (GMT+1) 3rd November, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm (GMT+1) 11th November, 2020.
Quidax however reserves the right to stop the campaign at any date before the end of the Competition Period Prize Winners will be selected every day during the Competition Period.
4. How to Enter:
To participate and enter this Competition, you will need a Quidax account.
If you don’t already have a Quidax Account, visit www.quidax.com or visit your App Store and download the Quidax App. It is free to download the Quidax App and otherwise create a Quidax account. By submitting your information and creating a Quidax account, you will be required to agree to the Quidax terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to the Quidax terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Quidax Account. You must also complete BVN verification.
5. Winners Selection: Winners from the Predict and Win as well as the 10k Bitcoin Challenge will be chosen randomly.
However, the winner of the 300,000 Naira grand prize will be the first person to have tweeted or posted their prediction between 12am (GMT+1) 3rd November, 2020 and 11:59pm (GMT+1) on 7th November, 2020.
Winners who win in the Predict and Win will be unable to win in the 10k Bitcoin Challenge.
6. Winner Notification: Prize Winners will be notified via an email from [email protected] that their wallets have been credited.
If any Winner Notification or other Competition communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable, if a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), if a Winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the applicable Prize, or if the potential Winner fails to respond to a Winner Notification and/or to sign and return the Affidavit (if required) within the time periods set forth herein, the prize will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) based on the original method of winner selection in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may only look to five (5) alternate winners for the applicable Prize, at which point the applicable Prize may be deemed unclaimed and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to such Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential Winner. If legitimately claimed in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be awarded. To claim a Prize, a Winner must follow the directions in his or her Winner Notification.
Predict and Win
- Everyday between 3rd and 7th November 2020, 12 people will win 12,000 Naira
- The first person to have predicted the correct price of Bitcoin on 31st December, 2020 will win 300,000 Naira.
10k Bitcoin Challenge
- Everyday between 3rd November, 2020 and 11th November, 2020 one person who signed up after 31st October 2020 and buys 10,000 Naira or more in Bitcoin will receive 50,000 Naira. The daily winners will be selected randomly. Also winners can only win once.
The Prize Winners will receive their prize directly into their Quidax Account at any time throughout the Competition Period.
All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost or stolen Prize or any Prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the Prize Winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If the Prize Winner does not accept or use the entire Prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that Prize or portion of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the Prize Winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No transfers or prize substitutions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim or use a Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming, seeking to claim, or using a Prize.
8. Licenses and Approvals: By entering the Competition represents and warrants that Participant meets all eligibility criteria for participation in the Competition. In addition, by participating in this Competition, Participants grants irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to publish, post, display, copy, distribute, transmit, edit, use alone, together or with other works, and otherwise exploit the Participants name, Quidax Username, voice, persona, likeness, image, prize information, any quotes attributable to the Participant, biographical data and any other indicia of persona in any manner whatsoever throughout the world, including on the Internet, and at any time or times, in connection with the Competition, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter discovered, without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law, and Participant releases all Releases from any and all liability related thereto. PARTICIPANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF PARTICIPANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, PARTICIPANT IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PARTICIPANT’S NAME, and Quidax Username MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BEING PLACED ON A WINNERS’ LIST.
9. Limitation of Liability:
The Releases (as defined below) are not responsible or liable for any of the following: (a) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, or illegible Entries, e-mail, mail, Competition -related correspondence or postage-due mail or any technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the mailing or transmission of notification or correspondence, the processing of Entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Competition related materials; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention; (d) human error; (e) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; (f) viruses or mechanical malfunctions; (g) errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Competition related advertisements or other materials; or (h) lost or unavailable network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of filtering or insufficient space in Participant’s e-mail account. Sponsor is not responsible, and may disqualify Participant, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or if it is changed without Participant giving prior written notice to Sponsor. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Competition, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Competition.
AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS Competition, EACH Participant AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COMPETITION ENTITIES, TWITTER, FACEBOOK,, INSTAGRAM AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS AND ADVERTISING, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY Competition OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE. FURTHER, THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
10. Additional Disclaimers:
Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Releasees are not responsible or liable to any Participant or Prize Winner or any person claiming through such Participant or Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Competition activities or the Releasees’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war, fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
11. Disputes and Governing Law:
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE Competition, EACH Participant AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN Participant AND ANY RELEASEE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Competition, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN THOUSAND NAIRA, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY Participant BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND Participant HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) Participant’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND Participant IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Any dispute arising under or related hereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of Nigeria.
12. General Rules: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Competition, Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online Entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious Entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void Entries of any Participants who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Competition. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Competition or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that Participant is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an Entry, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the Social Media Account as applicable, of record for the account submitting an Entry during the Competition Period, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the Entry may be disqualified and any potential Prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry and individual(s) may be deemed ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion Any damage made to the Website, the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram service will be the responsibility of the registered account holder of the e-mail address for the Social Media Account, as applicable, submitted at the time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE Competition VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT.
13. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, business envelope to Quidax, ATTN: Official Rules (or “Winner’s List”) Request, 77 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto ON M5K 0A1.Rules requests must be received no later than one month after the end of the Competition Period and winner’s list request must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Competition Period.