As we love to put it, Axie infinity is the Pokemon of crypto, but with way more fun crypto characters and profit involved. It was created by Sky Mavis, a Vietnamese company with a flair for fantasy games. AXS, the main cryptocurrency of Axie Infinity has become a lot more popular in the past year, hitting an all-time high of $93 in September 2021.
How Does Axie Infinity Work?
A crypto fantasy game in which people earn good money from playing sounds too good to be true right? But it’s true and here’s how it works:
Each person has a team of 3 fantasy creatures called Axies. They look like little pokemons and you can use them to battle other players’ Axies or random ones generated by the game. If you’re wondering, an Axie looks like this:
Each Axie is a non-fungible token (NFT), which means that it is unique and no two are the same. It also means that each one has different properties that give it value and if it has value, it can be sold. See where we’re going with this? ????
The mind-blowing part of all this is that there are more than 18 million active monthly players on the platform. Just take a minute to imagine that. 18 million people battling each other daily and earning real crypto that they can spend. And now, for the bomb: In January 2020, there were just 10,500 monthly players on the network ?. You can learn more about the game by visiting the website.
Where Does AXS Come in?
The game uses two currencies to reward players as they battle: Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) and Smooth Love Potion (SLP). But AXS is the main one so let’s look at it briefly:
The beauty of AXS is that you can own it even if you don’t play the game. You can buy it and the price goes up and down just like any other cryptocurrency. Its price is also listed on Coinmarketcap and Coingecko so you can track its movement in real-time.
How Can You Make Money from Axie Infinity?
Let’s face it, not everyone has the time to sit down and play a fantasy game hours every day. So the most common way to make money from Axie infinity is by buying AXS, holding it, and selling when the price is high. But if you’re a gamelord and you’d like to make money from AXS in other ways, you can try any of the following:
- Buy Axies in the game and sell them later at a higher price. The most expensive one was sold for 300 ETH ($900,000) and the cheapest costs about $200.
- Win battles within the Axie infinity game. If you can’t afford to get your first Axies, there are scholarships (yes! scholarships!) that sponsor people within the game. Amazing right?
How to Buy AXS
You can buy AXS with USDT and QDX by following these quick steps:
- Sign into your Quidax account on the Quidax website or mobile app (android/apple store)
- Click on instant buy & sell, choose AXS
- Select the currency to buy with as USDT or QDX depending on what you prefer
- Enter the amount of AXS you want to buy
- That’s all!!?